In its early years, the business ran exclusively in the European market; however, over the previous years, GetResponse has actually made a concentrated effort to expand its reach to the American market.
GetResponse is a popular e-mail marketing service that simply gets the job done. Servicing companies in more than 180 countries with over 1 billion customers every month, GetResponse projects itself as the world’s simplest email marketing system. The platform makes it easy and hassle-free to produce professional-looking emails and landing pages with its editor.
What makes GetResponse such a good business software solution? To start, you don’t need a technology background to use its marketing and email automation tools to increase your business. The vendor provides an useful 30-day totally free trial and flexible pricing plans with plenty of extra features. You don’t require a charge card to register for the free trial which enables up to 1,000 contacts.
The GetReponse site hosts a detailed Help Center where you can easily find responses to typical inquiries. The vendor also offers 24/7 support through live chat and email. The user experience is incredible and the third-party integrations enable you to quickly link the application with your existing company software application platforms. We offer the thumbs as much as GetResponse and invite you to have a look at its leading rate e-mail marketing functionalities.
GetResponse’s key functions consist of:
Marketing Automation – GetResponse’s marketing automation feature lets users develop scalable workflows based on customer journeys. Action-based autoresponders enable the development of messages that are triggered by pertinent recipient actions – with individualized one-to-one responses. In addition, GetResponse provides users with sophisticated segmentation tools that allow them to divide their contacts into subgroups and tailor e-mails appropriately.
Landing Page Builder – GetResponse has an intuitive drag and drop landing page builder that allows users to create 100% responsive landing pages and web forms. Business marketers can build websites for sales, webinars, thank yous, opt-ins, about-me and downloads in just a couple of minutes. Moreover, GetResponse lets subscribers test, analyze and optimize their pages to boost conversion rates.
Comprehensive Reporting – GetReponse has robust reporting abilities. A few basic reports appear straight in the dashboard, offering a quick introduction of campaign success through pie chart and raw numbers. The E-mail Analytics section provides additional information, with line and bar chart for clicks, unsubscribes, opens, complaints and bounces. Furthermore, for every single report, users can see which customers within their e-mail list performed any provided action.
Webinar Integration – The GetResponse webinar platform seamlessly integrates with GetResponse e-mail marketing, permitting users to host product announcements, demos and training sessions. Features include presentation sharing, chat moderation, polls, desktop sharing, guest management and VoIP abilities. In addition, GetResponse lets users choose whether their webinar will be password-protected or available to everyone.
On the whole, GetResponse is quite uncomplicated to utilize. It’s certainly simple enough to do all the fundamentals: import contacts, develop campaigns, set autoresponders and check stats and the user interface is quite tidy and intuitive.
In terms of how it compares to its rivals in this regard, I would argue that Campaign Monitor is a bit more easy to use however not as complete, and Mailchimp has actually a slicker user interface although one that makes finding particular functionality a bit tricky at times).
One part I feel that could be considerably much better from a user-friendliness point of view is the Getresponse e-newsletter editor.
Whilst its drag-and-drop approach performs in theory offer a very versatile way to develop blocks of material and move them around an e-newsletter, in practice it is a bit clunky to use and can cause unintentional deletion of material, or placement of it in the wrong part of the e-newsletter.
If you can get your head around it, and practice using it a bit, it does make for an extremely useful tool – it’s simply that the application of it might be rather much better which I was able to do rather fast!
GetResponse serves all kinds of firms with its email marketing software application. Here is a list of popular clients:
- Tiger Woods Foundation
- Quick Grow
- University of Dubai (UD)
- Michael Simpson Jr
- UNESCO Bangkok
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
GetResponse offers a 30-day free trial for a list of up to 250 subscribers, no credit card needed. Understand, nevertheless, that for the trial (and just the trial), if you add, delete, and after that re-add a contact, it counts as 2 contacts. Once the trial has ended, there are various pricing plans available. The prices format is rather complex, with more advanced plans appearing as your business’s list size grows. Pre-paying for one year’s worth of service will save 18 percent. If you believe you will be using GetResponse for the foreseeable future, you can save 30 percent by pre-paying two years.
The basic email plan provides you unlimited e-mail marketing, autoresponders, and a landing page that can accommodate up to 1,000 visitors each month.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $15/month
- Up to 2,500 subscribers: $25/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $45/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $65/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $145/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $250/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $450/month
Pro gets rid of the limitations on landing pages and permits you to make as many of them as you want. You’ll likewise have access to webinars (as much as 100 attendees). A Pro account can accommodate up to 3 users.
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $49/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $75/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $280/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $490/month
The Max plan ups the number of users to five and the max webinar attendees to 500. You’ll likewise get a customized domain and an account supervisor.
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $255/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $370/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $580/month
Enterprise brings an entire host of new features for bigger companies trying to find highly personalized features. You will require to schedule a demo before signing up.
- 100,000+ subscribers: $1,199/month
Image Hosting & Associated Charges
GetResponse offers an excellent 1 Gigabyte of image storage with each account. All users also have access to the company’s image library, which contains over 1000 images.
Key Differences Between Plans
All the GetResponse plans cover the essential basics – key features consist of:
- the capability to import, grow and host an email database
- a wide variety of design templates
- autoresponder performance
- responsive email designs
- extensive reporting
- RSS/blog to-email functionality
- comprehensive segmentation options
- social sharing tools
There are a lot of differences between the ‘Email’, ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans although for me the notable ones are:
- CRM –Getresponse provides a consumer relationship supervisor tool on its ‘Pro’ plans and up.
- Landing pages –you can just avail of landing pages that allow split testing and limitless views if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or greater.
- Webinars –this feature is not readily available at all on the ‘Email’ plan and the number of webinar guests is capped for the ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans at 100, 500 respectively (it is unclear what the limit is on the ‘Enterprise’ plan).
- Users –you can only have one user account on the ‘Email’ plan; by contrast you get three on ‘Pro’, five on ‘Max’ and ten on ‘Enterprise’.
- E-commerce –you can only avail of the full set of GetResponse e-commerce tools (which include integrations with a few popular e-commerce platforms) if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or higher.
GetResponse Free Trial
The 30-day free trial that Getresponse gives is fully functional (as much as 1,000 subscribers) and it is not contingent upon providing credit card details.
This helps you prevent that annoying “oh no, I forgot I signed up for that trial”.
We realize that when you make a decision to purchase Marketing Softwares it’s important not just to see how specialists assess it in their evaluations, but also to discover if the genuine individuals and businesses that buy it are actually pleased with the product. That’s why we have actually found a behavior-based Customer Satisfaction Algorithm that gathers consumer reviews, comments and GetResponse examines throughout a large range of social networks sites. The data is then presented in an easy to absorb type showing how many people had favorable and negative experience with GetResponse. With that info at hand you must be geared up to make a notified purchasing choice that you won’t be sorry for.
Customer Service & Support
GetResponse has an award-winning customer service team, winning gold, silver and bronze Stevie Awards in 2013 and 2014. The company provides e-mail support in 7 languages and is the very first email service provider (ESP) to offer 24/7 live chat, also on weekends.
Customers can reference the Help Center and Learning Center, which both feature resources to assist fix any questions or concerns. These knowledge bases consist of Frequently Asked Questions, video tutorials, webinars, and downloadable files like handbooks, reports and whitepapers.
Pros of Using GetResponse
- Great marketing automation options
- So long as you are happy to use an ‘Email’ plan, GetResponse is cheaper than most of its key competitors (in certain cases, significantly so) while still offering just as much, if not more functionality as them
- The discounts you receive when paying upfront for one or two years of service are very generous – you will be hard pressed to find similar reductions in costs from key competitors
- Its webinar functionality is a USP – something that isn’t provided by any similar products
- Likewise, the CRM feature is fairly unique amongst competing products (however it does need to be developed considerably before GetResponse can be considered a true replacement for a CRM tool)
- Its reporting and comprehensive split testing features are great
- GetResponse is transparent about deliverability rates, publishing figures on its website and providing deliverability statistics for individual e-newsletters you send.
- It offers a great approach to data segmentation – it’s more flexible on this front than many competitors, specifically Mailchimp
- It allows you to add subscribers to a mailing list on both a single-opt in and a double opt-in basis
- It sends responsive e-mails and allows you to preview cellphone versions of your e-newsletters very easily
- It comes with a beneficial landing page creator – but keep in mind that you have to be on a more expensive plan to get the fully functional version of this
- You can try out all its features completely free for 30 days without the need to enter credit card details
- Free 24/7 support is included on all plans
Getresponse represents among the more cheaper methods to host and communicate with an email database; it is priced pretty competitively in its marketplace.
It’s likewise among the most interesting products of its kind – in that it gives e-mail marketing, automation, landing pages, some CRM functionality and webinars all under one roofing.
It is difficult to think of any other product that offers this ‘all round’ proposal, and it’s what continues to persuade us to use it for our businesses e-mail marketing.
All in all I rate GetResponse extremely high – you get considerable value with this product.