In its earlier years, the company ran specifically in the European market; nevertheless, over the previous years, GetResponse has actually made a concentrated effort to broaden its reach to the American market.
GetResponse is a well known e-mail marketing service that simply performs well. Servicing companies in more than 180 nations with over 1 billion subscribers on a monthly basis, GetResponse projects itself as the world’s most convenient e-mail marketing system. The platform makes it simple and hassle-free to produce professional-looking e-mails and landing pages with its editor.
What makes GetResponse such an excellent business software solution? To start, you do not need a technological background to utilize its marketing and email automation tools to boost your business. The vendor provides a helpful 30-day free trial and flexible pricing bundles with plenty of additional features. You don’t require a charge card to sign up for the free trial which enables up to 1,000 contacts.
The GetReponse website hosts a detailed Help Center where you can easily find answers to common queries. The vendor likewise provides 24/7 support through live chat and email. The user experience is fantastic and the third-party integrations permit you to easily link the application with your existing business software application platforms. We give the thumbs approximately GetResponse and welcome you to take a look at its top rate e-mail marketing functionalities.
GetResponse’s key features consist of:
Marketing Automation – GetResponse’s marketing automation feature lets users construct scalable workflows based on client journeys. Action-based autoresponders permit the production of messages that are activated by pertinent recipient actions – with personalized one-to-one responses. Additionally, GetResponse offers users with innovative division tools that allow them to divide their contacts into subgroups and tailor emails appropriately.
Landing Page Builder – GetResponse has an intuitive drag-and-drop landing page builder that permits users to develop 100% responsive landing pages and web forms. Company marketers can construct websites for sales, webinars, thank yous, opt-ins, about-me and downloads in simply a few minutes. Additionally, GetResponse lets users test, analyze and optimize their pages to increase conversion rates.
Comprehensive Reporting – GetReponse has robust reporting capabilities. A few basic reports appear straight in the dashboard, providing a brief summary of project success through pie chart and raw numbers. The Emai Analytics area supplies more information, with line and bar chart for clicks, unsubscribes, opens, complaints and bounces. In addition, for every single report, users can see which customers within their e-mail list performed any offered action.
Webinar Integration – The GetResponse webinar platform flawlessly integrates with GetResponse e-mail marketing, allowing users to host product announcements, demonstrations and training sessions. Features consist of presentation sharing, chat moderation, polls, desktop sharing, attendee management and VoIP abilities. Furthermore, GetResponse lets users choose whether their webinar will be password-protected or available to everyone.
On the whole, GetResponse is quite straightforward to use. It’s definitely easy enough to do all the basics: import contacts, create campaigns, set up autoresponders and check stats and the interface is quite clean and intuitive.
In terms of how it compares to its rivals in this regard, I would argue that Campaign Monitor is a bit more user friendly although not as complete, and Mailchimp has actually a slicker interface although one that makes finding particular functionality a bit challenging sometimes).
One section I feel that might be substantially better from a user-friendliness point of view is the Getresponse e-newsletter editor.
Whilst its drag-and-drop approach carries out in theory provide a very versatile way to create blocks of content and move them around an e-newsletter, in practice it is a bit clunky to utilize and can lead to unintentional removal of material, or placement of it in the incorrect part of the e-newsletter.
If you can get your head around it, and practice utilizing it a bit, it does make for a really helpful tool – it’s just that the implementation of it could be rather much better which I was able to do quite fast!
GetResponse serves all kinds of companies with its email marketing software. Here’s a list of well-known customers:
- Tiger Woods Structure
- Quick Sprout
- University of Dubai (UD)
- Michael Simpson Jr
- UNESCO Bangkok
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
GetResponse offers a 30 day free trial for a list of as much as 250 subscribers, no credit card required. Be aware, however, that for the trial (and just the trial), if you add, erase, and after that re-add a contact, it counts as 2 contacts. When the trial has ended, there are a number of pricing plans offered. The prices format is rather complex, with advanced plans becoming available as your business’s list size grows. Pre-paying for a year’s worth of service will save you 18 percent. If you believe you’ll be utilizing GetResponse for the foreseeable future, you can save 30 percent by pre-paying 2 years.
The standard e-mail plan gives you unlimited e-mail marketing, autoresponders, and a landing page that can accommodate up to 1,000 visitors each month.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $15/month
- Up to 2,500 subscribers: $25/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $45/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $65/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $145/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $250/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $450/month
Pro removes the restrictions on landing pages and enables you to make as many of them as you desire. You’ll likewise have access to webinars (up to 100 attendees). A Pro account can accommodate up to three users.
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $49/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $75/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $280/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $490/month
The Max plan ups the number of users to 5 and the optimum webinar participants to 500. You’ll also get a custom-made domain and an account supervisor.
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $255/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $370/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $580/month
Enterprise offers a whole host of new features for bigger companies looking for highly customized features. You will require to arrange a demonstration prior to signing up.
- 100,000+ subscribers: $1,199/month
Image Hosting & Associated Charges
GetResponse provides an excellent 1 Gigabyte of image storage with each account. All users likewise have access to the company’s image library, which contains over 1000 images.
Key Distinctions Between Plans
All the GetResponse plans cover the essential essentials – key features include:
- the capability to import, grow and host an email database
- a wide range of templates
- autoresponder performance
- responsive email designs
- extensive reporting
- RSS/blog site to-email functionality
- detailed segmentation alternatives
- social sharing tools
There are various distinctions in between the ‘Email’, ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans but for me the notable ones are:
- CRM –Getresponse provides a consumer relationship supervisor tool on its ‘Pro’ plans and up.
- Landing pages –you can just get landing pages that enable split testing and limitless views if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or greater.
- Webinars –this feature is not available at all on the ‘Email’ plan and the number of webinar attendees is maxed for the ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans at 100, 500 respectively (it is uncertain what the limitation is on the ‘Enterprise’ plan).
- Users –you can just have one user account on the ‘Email’ plan; by contrast you get three on ‘Pro’, five on ‘Max’ and ten on ‘Enterprise’.
- E-commerce –you can just get the complete set of GetResponse e-commerce tools (that include integrations with a few popular e-commerce platforms) if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or greater.
GetResponse Free Trial
The 30-day free trial that Getresponse provides is fully functional (as much as 1,000 subscribers) and it is not contingent upon supplying credit card details.
This assists you avoid that frustrating “oh no, I forgot I registered for that trial”.
We recognize that when you make a decision to buy Marketing Softwares itis essential not only to see how professionals assess it in their evaluations, but likewise to discover if the genuine people and businesses that buy it are in fact pleased with the item. That is why we have actually found a behavior-based Customer Satisfaction Algorithm that gathers client evaluations, remarks and GetResponse examines across a wide variety of social media websites. The data is then presented in a simple to absorb kind demonstrating how many people had favorable and negative experience with GetResponse. With that information at hand you should be equipped to make an informed buying decision that you won’t be sorry for.
Customer Service & Support
GetResponse has an award-winning customer care group, winning gold, silver and bronze Stevie Awards in 2013 and 2014. The company offers e-mail assistance in seven languages and is the very first email service provider (ESP) to supply 24/7 live chat, including weekends.
Customers can reference the Learning Center and Help Center, which both feature resources to help fix any questions or concerns. These knowledge bases consist of Frequently Asked Questions, video tutorials, webinars, and downloadable files like handbooks, reports and whitepapers.
Pros of Using GetResponse
- Great marketing automation options
- So long as you are happy to use an ‘Email’ plan, GetResponse is more affordable than most of its key competitors (in certain cases, significantly so) whilst offering just as much, if not more functionality as them
- The discounts you receive when paying upfront for one or two years of service are very generous – you will find it hard to find similar reductions in costs from key competitors
- Its webinar functionality is a USP – something that is not provided by any similar products
- Similarly, the CRM feature is very unique among competing products (but it does need to be developed considerably before GetResponse can be considered a true replacement for a CRM tool)
- Its reporting and comprehensive split testing features are strong
- GetResponse is transparent about deliverability rates, publishing figures on its website and providing deliverability statistics for individual e-newsletters you send.
- It gives a great approach to data segmentation – it is more flexible on this front than many competitors, specifically Mailchimp
- It enables you to add subscribers to a mailing list on both a single-opt in and a double opt-in basis
- It sends responsive e-mails and allows you to preview smartphone versions of your e-newsletters very easily
- It comes with a useful landing page creator – but bear in mind that you have to be on a more advanced plan to get the fully functional version of this
- You can try out all its features totally free for 30-days without the need to enter credit card details
- Free 24/7 support is included on all plans
Getresponse represents one of the more cheaper ways to host and communicate with an email database; it is priced pretty competitively in its market.
It’s also one of the most fascinating products of its kind – in that it gives e-mail marketing, automation, landing pages, some CRM functionality and webinars all under one roofing system.
It is hard to think of any contending product that offers this ‘all round’ proposal, and it’s what continues to encourage us to utilize it for our businesses e-mail marketing.
All in all I rate GetResponse extremely high – you get considerable value with this product.