In its earlier years, the company operated solely in the European market; however, over the previous years, GetResponse has actually made a concentrated effort to expand its reach to the American market.
GetResponse is a well-known email marketing service that just gets the job done. Servicing companies in more than 180 nations with over 1 billion customers every month, GetResponse projects itself as the world’s simplest e-mail marketing system. The platform makes it basic and hassle-free to produce professional-looking emails and landing pages with its editor.
What makes GetResponse such an excellent business software application solution? To start, you do not need a technology background to utilize its marketing and email automation tools to improve your business. The vendor supplies a beneficial 30-day totally free trial and flexible pricing bundles with plenty of additional features. You don’t require a charge card to sign up for the free trial which enables as much as 1,000 contacts.
The GetReponse site hosts an in-depth Help Center where you can quickly look at responses to usual questions. The vendor also offers 24/7 assistance through live chat and email. The user experience is incredible and the third-party integrations allow you to easily link the application with your existing business software application platforms. We offer the thumbs up to GetResponse and welcome you to take a look at its leading rate e-mail marketing functionalities.
GetResponse’s crucial functions consist of:
Marketing Automation – GetResponse’s marketing automation feature lets users develop scalable workflows based upon customer journeys. Action-based autoresponders enable the development of messages that are set off by pertinent recipient actions – with individualized one-to-one responses. In addition, GetResponse offers users with advanced segmentation tools that enable them to divide their contacts into subgroups and tailor emails accordingly.
Landing Page Builder – GetResponse has an intuitive drag-and-drop landing page builder that enables users to create 100% responsive landing pages and web forms. Business marketers can build web pages for sales, webinars, thank yous, opt-ins, about-me and downloads in simply a couple of minutes. Moreover, GetResponse lets users test, analyze and optimize their pages to increase conversion rates.
Comprehensive Reporting – GetReponse has robust reporting abilities. A couple of simple reports appear straight in the dashboard, providing a brief summary of project success via pie chart and raw numbers. The E-mail Analytics area offers more information, with line and bar graphs for clicks, unsubscribes, opens, complaints and bounces. Furthermore, for every single report, users can see which subscribers within their e-mail list carried out any provided action.
Webinar Integration – The GetResponse webinar platform seamlessly integrates with GetResponse email marketing, allowing users to host product statements, demonstrations and training sessions. Features consist of presentation sharing, chat moderation, surveys, desktop sharing, attendee management and VoIP capabilities. Furthermore, GetResponse lets users choose whether their webinar will be password protected or available to everyone.
On the whole, GetResponse is pretty uncomplicated to utilize. It’s certainly easy enough to do all the basics: import contacts, develop campaigns, set up autoresponders and check stats and the user interface is pretty clean and intuitive.
In terms of how it compares to its rivals in this regard, I would argue that Campaign Monitor is a bit more easy to use although not as complete, and Mailchimp has a slicker user interface however one that makes finding specific functionality a little bit challenging sometimes).
One section I feel that could be significantly much better from a user-friendliness point of view is the Getresponse e-newsletter editor.
Whilst its drag and drop approach does in theory provide a very flexible way to create blocks of content and move them around an e-newsletter, in practice it is a bit clunky to utilize and can cause accidental deletion of content, or placement of it in the wrong part of the e-newsletter.
If you can get your head around it, and practice using it a bit, it does make for an extremely beneficial tool – it’s just that the application of it might be rather much better which I was able to do quite fast!
GetResponse serves all kinds of companies with its email marketing software application. Here’s a list of well known customers:
- Tiger Woods Foundation
- Quick Sprout
- University of Dubai (UD)
- Michael Simpson Jr
- UNESCO Bangkok
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
GetResponse offers a 30-day free trial for a list of approximately 250 subscribers, no credit card required. Be aware, nevertheless, that for the trial (and just the trial), if you add, delete, and after that re-add a contact, it counts as 2 contacts. Once the trial has ended, there are a variety of pricing plans readily available. The prices format is somewhat complex, with advanced plans becoming available as your business’s list size grows. Pre-paying for a year’s worth of service will save you 18 percent. If you think you will be using GetResponse for the foreseeable future, you can save 30 percent by pre-paying two years.
The standard email plan gives you unlimited e-mail marketing, autoresponders, and a landing page that can accommodate as much as 1,000 visitors a month.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $15/month
- Up to 2,500 subscribers: $25/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $45/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $65/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $145/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $250/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $450/month
Pro gets rid of the restrictions on landing pages and permits you to make as many of them as you like. You’ll also have access to webinars (up to 100 attendees). A Pro account can accommodate up to 3 users.
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $49/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $75/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $280/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $490/month
The Max plan ups the quantity of users to five and the maximum webinar participants to 500. You’ll also get a custom-made domain and an account manager.
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $255/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $370/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $580/month
Enterprise offers a whole host of brand-new features for bigger companies searching for highly tailored features. You will need to arrange a demonstration before registering.
- 100,000+ subscribers: $1,199/month
Image Hosting & Associated Charges
GetResponse offers an outstanding 1 GB of image storage with each account. All users likewise have access to the business’s image library, which includes over 1000 images.
Key Differences Between Plans
All the GetResponse plans cover the crucial essentials – key features include:
- the capability to import, grow and host an e-mail database
- a vast array of design templates
- autoresponder functionality
- responsive e-mail designs
- thorough reporting
- RSS/blog site to-email functionality
- thorough segmentation alternatives
- social sharing tools
There are a number of distinctions in between the ‘Email’, ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans but for me the notable ones are:
- CRM –Getresponse offers a client relationship manager tool on its ‘Pro’ plans and up.
- Landing pages –you can just avail of landing pages that permit split testing and endless views if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or higher.
- Webinars –this functionality is not available at all on the ‘Email’ plan and the number of webinar guests is topped for the ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans at 100, 500 respectively (it’s uncertain what the limit is on the ‘Enterprise’ plan).
- Users –you can just have one user account on the ‘Email’ plan; by contrast you get three on ‘Pro’, five on ‘Max’ and ten on ‘Enterprise’.
- E-commerce –you can only get the full set of GetResponse e-commerce tools (that include integrations with a few popular e-commerce platforms) if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or higher.
GetResponse Free Trial
The 30-day free trial that Getresponse provides is fully functional (as much as 1,000 subscribers) and it is not contingent upon offering credit card details.
This helps you avoid that bothersome “oh no, I forgot I registered for that trial”.
We realize that when you decide to purchase Marketing Software applications itis essential not just to see how experts evaluate it in their reviews, but also to learn if the real people and companies that purchase it are in fact satisfied with the item. That’s why we have actually found a behavior-based Customer Satisfaction Algorithm that gathers client reviews, remarks and GetResponse examines across a wide variety of social media sites. The data is then provided in a simple to digest type demonstrating how many individuals had positive and negative experience with GetResponse. With that info at hand you need to be equipped to make an informed purchasing decision that you will not regret.
Customer Service & Support
GetResponse has an acclaimed customer care group, winning gold, silver and bronze Stevie Awards in 2013 and 2014. The business provides e-mail support in seven languages and is the first email service provider (ESP) to provide 24/7 live chat, including weekends.
Clients can reference the Learning Center and Help Center, which both feature resources to help fix any questions or problems. These knowledge bases include Frequently Asked Questions, video tutorials, webinars, and downloadable documents like manuals, reports and whitepapers.
Pros of Using GetResponse
- Great marketing automation options
- So long as you are happy to use an ‘Email’ plan, GetResponse is cheaper than many of its key competitors (in certain cases, significantly so) whilst offering just as much, if not more functionality as them
- The discounts you receive when paying upfront for one or two years of service are very generous – you’ll find it hard to find similar reductions in costs from key competitors
- Its webinar functionality is a USP – something that is not provided by any similar products
- Similarly, the CRM feature is fairly unique amongst competing products (but it does need to be developed considerably before GetResponse can be considered a true replacement for a CRM tool)
- Its reporting and comprehensive split testing features are strong
- GetResponse is transparent about deliverability rates, publishing figures on its website and providing deliverability statistics for individual e-newsletters you send.
- It offers a great approach to data segmentation – it’s more flexible on this front than many competing products, especially Mailchimp
- It enables you to add subscribers to a mailing list on both a single-opt in and a double opt-in basis
- It sends responsive emails and allows you to preview smartphone versions of your e-newsletters very effortlessly
- It comes with a beneficial landing page creator – but keep in mind that you have to be on a more expensive plan to get the fully functional version of this
- You can try out all its features completely free for 30-days without the need to enter credit card information
- Free 24/7 support is included on all plans
Getresponse represents one of the more affordable opportunities to host and communicate with an e-mail database; it’s priced pretty competitively in its marketplace.
It is likewise one of the most fascinating products of its kind – because it provides e-mail marketing, automation, landing pages, some CRM performance and webinars all under one roofing.
It is tough to consider any contending product that offers this ‘all round’ proposition, and it’s what continues to persuade us to use it for our businesses email marketing.
Taking all into consideration I rate GetResponse very high – you get substantial value with this product.