In its earlier years, the company operated specifically in the European market; nevertheless, over the previous years, GetResponse has made a concentrated effort to expand its reach to the American market.
GetResponse is a well known email marketing service that simply performs well. Servicing businesses in more than 180 nations with over 1 billion customers each month, GetResponse projects itself as the world’s easiest email marketing system. The platform makes it simple and problem-free to develop professional-looking emails and landing pages with its editor.
What makes GetResponse such a good business software application solution? To start, you do not need a technology background to utilize its marketing and email automation tools to boost your business. The vendor provides a helpful 30-day totally free trial and flexible pricing bundles with plenty of additional features. You don’t need a charge card to sign up for the free trial which permits as much as 1,000 contacts.
The GetReponse site hosts a comprehensive Help Center where you can easily find responses to common questions. The vendor also provides 24/7 assistance through live chat and e-mail. The user experience is incredible and the third-party integrations permit you to quickly link the application with your existing company software application platforms. We offer the thumbs approximately GetResponse and invite you to check out its top rate email marketing functionalities.
GetResponse’s key functions include:
Marketing Automation – GetResponse’s marketing automation feature lets users construct scalable workflows based upon customer journeys. Action-based autoresponders allow for the creation of messages that are activated by pertinent recipient actions – with personalized one-to-one responses. Additionally, GetResponse supplies users with advanced division tools that enable them to divide their contacts into subgroups and tailor e-mails appropriately.
Landing Page Builder – GetResponse has an intuitive drag and drop landing page builder that allows users to create one hundred percent responsive landing pages and web forms. Business online marketers can construct websites for sales, webinars, thank yous, opt-ins, about-me and downloads in just a few minutes. Additionally, GetResponse lets users test, analyze and optimize their pages to increase conversion rates.
Comprehensive Reporting – GetReponse has robust reporting capabilities. A few basic reports appear directly in the control panel, providing a quick overview of campaign success through pie chart and raw numbers. The Emai Analytics section offers more information, with line and bar chart for clicks, unsubscribes, opens, grievances and bounces. Furthermore, for each report, users can see which subscribers within their e-mail list performed any given action.
Webinar Integration – The GetResponse webinar platform effortlessly integrates with GetResponse e-mail marketing, allowing users to host product announcements, demonstrations and training sessions. Features consist of presentation sharing, chat moderation, surveys, desktop sharing, participant management and VoIP abilities. Moreover, GetResponse lets users decide whether their webinar will be password protected or open to everyone.
On the whole, GetResponse is quite uncomplicated to use. It is definitely simple enough to do all the fundamentals: import contacts, make campaigns, set autoresponders and check stats and the user interface is pretty clean and intuitive.
In terms of how it compares to its rivals in this regard, I would argue that Campaign Monitor is a bit more easy to use however not as complete, and Mailchimp has actually a slicker interface however one that makes finding particular functionality a bit challenging sometimes).
One part I feel that might be considerably much better from a user-friendliness point of view is the Getresponse e-newsletter editor.
Whilst its drag & drop approach does in theory offer a really versatile method to develop blocks of content and move them around an e-newsletter, in practice it is a bit cumbersome to use and can lead to unintentional removal of material, or placement of it in the wrong part of the e-newsletter.
If you can get your head around it, and practice utilizing it a bit, it does make for an extremely helpful tool – it’s simply that the execution of it could be rather much better which I was able to do rather fast!
GetResponse serves all kinds of firms with its e-mail marketing software. Here’s a list of popular customers:
- Tiger Woods Foundation
- Quick Sprout
- University of Dubai (UD)
- Michael Simpson Jr
- UNESCO Bangkok
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
GetResponse gives a 30 day totally free trial for a list of as much as 250 subscribers, no credit card required. Take not, however, that for the trial (and just the trial), if you add, erase, and then re-add a contact, it counts as 2 contacts. Once the trial has expired, there are various rate plans offered. The rates format is somewhat complex, with more advanced plans becoming available as your business’s list size grows. Pre-paying for one year’s worth of service will save you 18 percent. If you think you’ll be using GetResponse for the foreseeable future, you can save 30 percent by pre-paying 2 years.
The basic email plan offers you unlimited e-mail marketing, autoresponders, and a landing page that can accommodate up to 1,000 visitors monthly.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $15/month
- Up to 2,500 subscribers: $25/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $45/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $65/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $145/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $250/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $450/month
Pro removes the restrictions on landing pages and permits you to make as much of them as you need. You’ll likewise have access to webinars (up to 100 guests). A Pro account can accommodate up to 3 users.
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $49/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $75/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $280/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $490/month
The Max plan ups the amount of users to five and the maximum webinar guests to 500. You will also get a custom domain and an account manager.
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $255/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $370/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $580/month
Enterprise brings an entire host of brand-new functions for bigger companies searching for highly tailored features. You’ll need to set up a demonstration before signing up.
- 100,000+ subscribers: $1,199/month
Image Hosting & Associated Charges
GetResponse gives an outstanding 1-GB of image storage with each account. All users also have access to the company’s image library, which consists of over 1000 images.
Key Distinctions Between Plans
All the GetResponse plans cover the important essentials – key features include:
- the ability to import, grow and host an email database
- a wide variety of design templates
- autoresponder performance
- responsive e-mail designs
- extensive reporting
- RSS/blog site to-email functionality
- extensive segmentation choices
- social sharing tools
There are a lot of differences in between the ‘Email’, ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans although for me the notable ones are:
- CRM –Getresponse provides a consumer relationship supervisor tool on its ‘Pro’ plans and up.
- Landing pages –you can just get landing pages that enable split testing and unlimited views if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or higher.
- Webinars –this functionality is not available at all on the ‘Email’ plan and the variety of webinar attendees is maxed for the ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans at 100, 500 respectively (it is uncertain what the limitation is on the ‘Enterprise’ plan).
- Users –you can only have one user account on the ‘Email’ plan; by contrast you get three on ‘Pro’, five on ‘Max’ and ten on ‘Enterprise’.
- E-commerce –you can just avail of the complete set of GetResponse e-commerce tools (which include integrations with a few popular e-commerce platforms) if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or higher.
GetResponse Free Trial
The 30-day completely free trial that Getresponse offers is totally functional (approximately 1,000 subscribers) and it is not contingent upon offering credit card details.
This assists you avoid that annoying “oh no, I forgot I signed up for that trial”.
We recognize that when you decide to buy Marketing Software applications it’s important not only to see how experts evaluate it in their reviews, but also to learn if the real individuals and companies that purchase it are really satisfied with the item. That is why we’ve found a behavior-based Customer Satisfaction Algorithm that gathers customer evaluations, comments and GetResponse evaluates across a large range of social networks websites. The information is then provided in a simple to digest form showing how many individuals had favorable and negative experience with GetResponse. With that information at hand you must be geared up to make a notified purchasing choice that you won’t be sorry for.
Customer Service & Support
GetResponse has an award-winning customer care team, winning gold, silver and bronze Stevie Awards in 2013 and 2014. The company offers email support in 7 languages and is the very first e-mail service provider (ESP) to supply 24/7 live chat, also on weekends.
Customers can reference the Help Center and Learning Center, which both feature resources to help solve any questions or issues. These knowledge bases include FAQs, video tutorials, webinars, and downloadable files like manuals, reports and whitepapers.
Pros of Using GetResponse
- Excellent marketing automation options
- As long as you are happy to use an ‘Email’ plan, GetResponse is more affordable than many of its key competitors (in certain cases, significantly so) while still offering just as much, if not more functionality as them
- The discounts you receive when paying upfront for 1 or 2 years of service are very generous – you will find it difficult to find similar reductions in costs from key competitors
- Its webinar functionality is a USP – something that is not provided by any similar products
- Similarly, the CRM feature is fairly unique among competing products (although it does need to be developed considerably before GetResponse can be considered a true replacement for a CRM tool)
- Its reporting and comprehensive split testing features are strong
- GetResponse is transparent about deliverability rates, publishing figures on its website and providing deliverability statistics for individual e-newsletters you send.
- It gives a great approach to data segmentation – it is more flexible on this front than many competing products, especially Mailchimp
- It allows you to add subscribers to a mailing list on both a single-opt in and a double opt-in basis
- It sends responsive emails and allows you to preview mobile phone versions of your e-newsletters very effortlessly
- It comes with a beneficial landing page creator – but bear in mind that you have to be on a more expensive plan to get the fully functional version of this
- You can try out all its features free for 30-days without the need to enter credit card information
- Free 24/7 support is included on all plans
Getresponse represents among the more cheaper ways to host and communicate with an email database; it is priced rather competitively in its market.
It’s also among the most intriguing products of its kind – because it gives email marketing, automation, landing pages, some CRM performance and webinars all under one roofing.
It is difficult to think about any contending product that uses this ‘all round’ proposal, and it’s what continues to convince us to utilize it for our businesses email marketing.
Taking all into consideration I rate GetResponse very high – you get considerable bang for your buck with this product.