One of the older e-mail marketing programs on the marketplace today, GetResponse remains a superior product with lots to offer. Getresponse Pros And Cons
In its earlier years, the company operated specifically in the European market; however, over the past decade, GetResponse has made a concentrated effort to broaden its reach to the American market.
The software application is absolutely worth a look, even for those without any previous experience in the field. It offers a wonderful feature set at a really reasonable price, and the complete variety of features is offered to all customers, regardless of list size. With GetResponse, you get access to comprehensive A/B testing options, single-click list segmentation, and a tremendously handy variety of tools and reports. Check out the full review for details. Getresponse Pros And Cons
What is GetResponse? Getresponse Pros And Cons
GetResponse is a well known e-mail marketing service that simply performs well. Servicing companies in more than 180 nations with over 1 billion subscribers every month, GetResponse projects itself as the world’s easiest e-mail marketing system. The platform makes it easy and problem-free to produce professional-looking e-mails and landing pages with its editor.
Additionally, the e-mail intelligence feature enables you to optimize the impact of your campaigns. You can track, gauge, and evaluate your efforts quickly. The tool empowers you to see per hour changes, segment subscribers with a single click, measure website conversions, compare follow-ups, and make intelligent choices quickly. Getresponse Pros And Cons
What makes GetResponse such a good business software application solution? To begin, you don’t need a technology background to utilize its marketing and e-mail automation tools to increase your business. The vendor provides an useful 30-day totally free trial and flexible pricing bundles with lots of extra features. You do not require a credit card to sign up for the free trial which permits up to 1,000 contacts.
The GetReponse website hosts an in-depth Help Center where you can quickly look at answers to typical queries. The vendor likewise provides 24/7 assistance through live chat and email. The user experience is remarkable and the third-party integrations enable you to quickly connect the application with your existing business software platforms. We offer the thumbs approximately GetResponse and invite you to have a look at its top rate email marketing functionalities.
GetResponse’s crucial functions include:
Marketing Automation – GetResponse’s marketing automation feature lets users construct scalable workflows based upon client journeys. Action-based autoresponders permit the production of messages that are triggered by relevant recipient actions – with customized one-to-one responses. Additionally, GetResponse offers users with innovative segmentation tools that allow them to divide their contacts into subgroups and tailor e-mails appropriately.
Landing Page Builder – GetResponse has an intuitive drag-and-drop landing page builder that enables users to create 100% responsive landing pages and web forms. Company marketers can develop websites for sales, webinars, thank yous, opt-ins, about-me and downloads in just a few minutes. Additionally, GetResponse lets subscribers test, analyze and optimize their pages to boost conversion rates.
Comprehensive Reporting – GetReponse has robust reporting capabilities. A couple of basic reports appear directly in the control panel, offering a quick summary of campaign success via raw numbers and pie chart. The E-mail Analytics area supplies further detail, with line and bar graphs for clicks, unsubscribes, opens, problems and bounces. Additionally, for every report, users can see which subscribers within their e-mail list performed any given action.
Webinar Integration – The GetResponse webinar platform effortlessly integrates with GetResponse e-mail marketing, permitting users to host product announcements, demos and training sessions. Features include presentation sharing, chat moderation, surveys, desktop sharing, participant management and VoIP abilities. Furthermore, GetResponse lets users decide whether their webinar will be password-protected or open to everybody.
On the whole, GetResponse is pretty straightforward to utilize. It is certainly simple enough to do all the basics: import contacts, develop campaigns, set up autoresponders and check statistics and the user interface is quite clean and intuitive.
In terms of how it compares to its rivals in this regard, I would argue that Campaign Monitor is a little bit more user friendly although not as complete, and Mailchimp has actually a slicker user interface however one that makes finding specific functionality a little bit difficult sometimes).
One section I feel that might be considerably much better from a user-friendliness point of view is the Getresponse e-newsletter editor.
Whilst its drag and drop method does in theory provide a really flexible method to create blocks of material and move them around an e-newsletter, in practice it is a bit cumbersome to use and can lead to unintentional deletion of material, or placement of it in the incorrect part of the e-newsletter.
If you can get your head around it, and practice using it a bit, it does make for a very useful tool – it’s just that the application of it might be rather better which I was able to do rather fast!
GetResponse serves all types of companies with its e-mail marketing software. Here’s a list of prominent customers:
- Tiger Woods Foundation
- Quick Grow
- University of Dubai (UD)
- Michael Simpson Jr
- UNESCO Bangkok
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
GetResponse Pricing Getresponse Pros And Cons
GetResponse provides a 30 day free trial for a list of approximately 250 subscribers, no credit card needed. Keep in mind, nevertheless, that for the trial (and only the trial), if you add, delete, and then re-add a contact, it counts as two contacts. When the trial has expired, there are a number of rate plans available. The prices format is rather intricate, with advanced plans appearing as your business’s list size grows. Pre-paying for a year’s worth of service will save 18 percent. If you think you’ll be using GetResponse for the foreseeable future, you can save 30 percent by pre-paying 2 years.
Prices is as follows: Getresponse Pros And Cons
The most affordable e-mail plan offers you unlimited email marketing, autoresponders, and a landing page that can accommodate up to 1,000 visitors monthly.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $15/month
- Up to 2,500 subscribers: $25/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $45/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $65/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $145/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $250/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $450/month
Pro Getresponse Pros And Cons
Pro gets rid of the constraints on landing pages and allows you to make as much of them as you need. You will also have access to webinars (as much as 100 participants). A Pro account can accommodate up to 3 users.
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $49/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $75/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $280/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $490/month
The Max plan ups the amount of users to 5 and the maximum webinar guests to 500. You’ll also get a custom-made domain and an account supervisor.
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $255/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $370/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $580/month
Enterprise brings an entire host of new functions for larger companies looking for highly customized features. You’ll need to arrange a demonstration prior to registering.
- 100,000+ subscribers: $1,199/month
Image Hosting & Associated Charges
GetResponse offers an outstanding 1 GB of image storage with each account. All users likewise have access to the company’s image library, which contains over 1000 images.
Key Distinctions Between Plans
All the GetResponse plans cover the important fundamentals – key features consist of:
- the ability to import, grow and host an e-mail database
- a wide range of templates
- autoresponder functionality
- responsive e-mail designs
- split testing Getresponse Pros And Cons
- in-depth reporting
- RSS/blog site to-email functionality
- thorough segmentation options
- social sharing tools
There are a variety of differences in between the ‘Email’, ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans however for me the key ones are:
- CRM –Getresponse provides a client relationship manager tool on its ‘Pro’ plans and up.
- Landing pages –you can just get landing pages that allow split testing and endless views if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or greater.
- Webinars –this feature is not readily available at all on the ‘Email’ plan and the variety of webinar participants is topped for the ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans at 100, 500 respectively (it is uncertain what the limit is on the ‘Enterprise’ plan).
- Users –you can just have one user account on the ‘Email’ plan; by contrast you get three on ‘Pro’, five on ‘Max’ and ten on ‘Enterprise’.
- E-commerce –you can only get the full set of GetResponse e-commerce tools (which include integrations with a few popular e-commerce platforms) if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or greater.
GetResponse Free Trial
The 30-day completely free trial that Getresponse offers is fully functional (approximately 1,000 subscribers) and it’s not contingent upon providing credit card information.
This assists you avoid that frustrating “oh no, I forgot I registered for that trial”.
Getresponse Pros And Cons
We understand that when you make a decision to buy Marketing Softwares it’s important not just to see how experts examine it in their evaluations, but also to learn if the real individuals and companies that buy it are really pleased with the item. That is why we have actually found a behavior-based Customer Satisfaction Algorithm that collects consumer reviews, remarks and GetResponse reviews across a wide range of social media sites. The information is then presented in a simple to absorb kind showing how lots of people had favorable and negative experience with GetResponse. With that info at hand you should be equipped to make a notified purchasing decision that you will not be sorry for.
Customer Service & Support
GetResponse has an acclaimed customer support team, winning gold, silver and bronze Stevie Awards in 2013 and 2014. The business offers email assistance in 7 languages and is the first e-mail service provider (ESP) to offer 24/7 live chat, also on weekends.
Consumers can reference the Learning Center and Help Center, which both feature resources to help fix any questions or problems. These knowledge bases consist of FAQs, video tutorials, webinars, and downloadable documents like handbooks, reports and whitepapers.
Pros of Using GetResponse
- Excellent marketing automation options
- So long as you are fine to use an ‘Email’ plan, GetResponse is cheaper than many of its key competitors (in certain cases, significantly so) while still offering just as much, if not more functionality as them
- The discounts you receive when paying upfront for 1 or 2 years of service are very generous – you will find it difficult to find similar reductions in costs from key competitors
- Its webinar functionality is a USP – something that is not offered by any similar products
- Likewise, the CRM feature is quite unique amongst competing products (but it does need to be developed considerably before GetResponse can be considered a true replacement for a CRM tool)
- Its reporting and comprehensive split testing features are strong
- GetResponse is transparent about deliverability rates, publishing figures on its website and providing deliverability statistics for individual e-newsletters you send.
- It offers a great approach to data segmentation – it’s more flexible on this front than many competitors, especially Mailchimp
- It allows you to add subscribers to a mailing list on both a single-opt in and a double opt-in basis
- It sends responsive emails and allows you to preview cellphone versions of your e-newsletters very simply
- It comes with a useful landing page creator – but take note that you have to be on a more advanced plan to get the fully functional version of this
- You can try out all its features free for 30-days without the need to enter credit card details
- Free 24/7 support is included on all plans
Review Conclusions Getresponse Pros And Cons
Getresponse represents one of the more affordable ways to host and communicate with an email database; it is priced quite competitively in its market.
It is likewise among the most interesting products of its kind – in that it gives email marketing, automation, landing pages, some CRM performance and webinars all under one roof.
It is tough to think of any contending product that uses this ‘all round’ proposition, and it is what continues to encourage us to utilize it for our businesses email marketing.
As a whole I rate GetResponse very high – you get significant bang for your buck with this product.
Getresponse Pros And Cons