Among the earliest e-mail marketing programs on the market today, GetResponse stays a top-notch product with lots to offer. Getresponse Review
In its earlier years, the company ran exclusively in the European market; however, over the past decade, GetResponse has made a concentrated effort to broaden its reach to the American market.
The software application is certainly worth a look, even for those with no previous experience in the field. It gives a great feature set at an extremely sensible price, and the full range of features is readily available to all customers, regardless of list size. With GetResponse, you get access to comprehensive A/B testing options, single-click list segmentation, and an enormously valuable variety of tools and reports. Check out the full review for details. Getresponse Review
What is GetResponse? Getresponse Review
GetResponse is a well known e-mail marketing service that just performs well. Servicing companies in more than 180 nations with over 1 billion customers each month, GetResponse projects itself as the world’s most convenient email marketing system. The platform makes it simple and hassle-free to create professional-looking e-mails and landing pages with its editor.
Additionally, the email intelligence feature allows you to make the most of the impact of your campaigns. You can track, gauge, and analyze your efforts quickly. The tool empowers you to view hourly changes, segment subscribers with a single click, measure website conversions, compare follow-ups, and make smart choices rapidly. Getresponse Review
What makes GetResponse such a good business software solution? To begin, you do not need a technology background to utilize its marketing and email automation tools to increase your business. The vendor supplies a beneficial 30-day free trial and flexible pricing bundles with plenty of additional features. You do not require a charge card to register for the totally free trial which enables up to 1,000 contacts.
The GetReponse site hosts a detailed Help Center where you can quickly look at answers to usual inquiries. The vendor likewise offers 24/7 assistance through live chat and e-mail. The user experience is remarkable and the third-party integrations enable you to quickly connect the application with your existing business software application platforms. We provide the thumbs up to GetResponse and invite you to check out its leading rate email marketing functionalities.
GetResponse’s key features include:
Marketing Automation – GetResponse’s marketing automation feature lets users build scalable workflows based upon customer journeys. Action-based autoresponders enable the production of messages that are set off by relevant recipient actions – with customized one-to-one responses. Additionally, GetResponse offers users with sophisticated division tools that allow them to divide their contacts into subgroups and tailor e-mails appropriately.
Landing Page Builder – GetResponse has an intuitive drag and drop landing page builder that allows users to produce 100% responsive landing pages and web forms. Company online marketers can construct websites for sales, webinars, thank yous, opt-ins, about-me and downloads in just a few minutes. Moreover, GetResponse lets users test, analyze and optimize their pages to increase conversion rates.
Comprehensive Reporting – GetReponse has robust reporting capabilities. A few basic reports appear straight in the dashboard, providing a short introduction of campaign success by means of pie chart and raw numbers. The Emai Analytics section provides more information, with line and bar chart for clicks, unsubscribes, opens, problems and bounces. Furthermore, for each report, users can view which subscribers within their e-mail list performed any given action.
Webinar Integration – The GetResponse webinar platform flawlessly integrates with GetResponse e-mail marketing, allowing users to host product announcements, demonstrations and training sessions. Features include presentation sharing, chat moderation, polls, desktop sharing, participant management and VoIP abilities. In addition, GetResponse lets users choose whether their webinar will be password protected or available to everyone.
On the whole, GetResponse is pretty straightforward to use. It is certainly simple enough to do all the fundamentals: import contacts, create campaigns, set up autoresponders and check statistics and the user interface is pretty clean and intuitive.
In terms of how it compares to its rivals in this regard, I would argue that Campaign Monitor is a little bit more user friendly however not as complete, and Mailchimp has a slicker user interface although one that makes finding certain functionality a bit challenging sometimes).
One part I feel that could be substantially much better from a user-friendliness point of view is the Getresponse e-newsletter editor.
Whilst its drag-and-drop technique carries out in theory provide an extremely flexible method to develop blocks of material and move them around an e-newsletter, in practice it is a bit clunky to use and can lead to unexpected deletion of material, or placement of it in the wrong part of the e-newsletter.
If you can get your head around it, and practice using it a bit, it does make for an extremely useful tool – it’s simply that the execution of it could be rather better which I was able to do rather fast!
GetResponse serves all types of firms with its email marketing software application. Here’s a list of popular clients:
- Tiger Woods Foundation
- Quick Sprout
- University of Dubai (UD)
- Michael Simpson Jr
- UNESCO Bangkok
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
GetResponse Prices Getresponse Review
GetResponse gives a 30-day free trial for a list of approximately 250 subscribers, no credit card needed. Know, nevertheless, that for the trial (and just the trial), if you add, delete, and after that re-add a contact, it counts as 2 contacts. As soon as the trial has ended, there are a number of price plans offered. The pricing format is somewhat intricate, with advanced plans appearing as your business’s list size grows. Pre-paying for one year’s worth of service will save 18 percent. If you believe you will be utilizing GetResponse for the foreseeable future, you can save 30 percent by pre-paying two years.
Pricing is as follows: Getresponse Review
The most affordable e-mail plan offers you unlimited email marketing, autoresponders, and a landing page that can accommodate up to 1,000 visitors monthly.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $15/month
- Up to 2,500 subscribers: $25/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $45/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $65/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $145/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $250/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $450/month
Pro Getresponse Review
Pro gets rid of the limitations on landing pages and allows you to make as much of them as you want. You will also have access to webinars (up to 100 guests). A Pro account can accommodate up to 3 users.
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $49/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $75/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $280/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $490/month
The Max plan ups the quantity of users to five and the optimum webinar participants to 500. You will also get a custom-made domain and an account manager.
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $255/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $370/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $580/month
Enterprise offers an entire host of new features for larger companies searching for highly customized features. You will require to schedule a demonstration before signing up.
- 100,000+ subscribers: $1,199/month
Image Hosting & Associated Charges
GetResponse offers a remarkable 1-GB of image storage with each account. All users likewise have access to the company’s image library, which includes over 1000 images.
Key Differences Between Plans
All the GetResponse plans cover the important fundamentals – key features consist of:
- the capability to import, grow and host an email database
- a vast array of templates
- autoresponder functionality
- responsive email designs
- split testing Getresponse Review
- extensive reporting
- RSS/blog site to-email functionality
- detailed segmentation alternatives
- social sharing tools
There are a number of differences between the ‘Email’, ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans however for me the notable ones are:
- CRM –Getresponse provides a customer relationship supervisor tool on its ‘Pro’ plans and up.
- Landing pages –you can only avail of landing pages that enable split testing and limitless views if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or higher.
- Webinars –this functionality is not available at all on the ‘Email’ plan and the variety of webinar participants is maxed for the ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans at 100, 500 respectively (it is unclear what the limit is on the ‘Enterprise’ plan).
- Users –you can only have one user account on the ‘Email’ plan; by contrast you get three on ‘Pro’, five on ‘Max’ and ten on ‘Enterprise’.
- E-commerce –you can just avail of the complete set of GetResponse e-commerce tools (which include integrations with a few popular e-commerce platforms) if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or greater.
GetResponse Free Trial
The 30-day completely free trial that Getresponse provides is fully functional (approximately 1,000 subscribers) and it’s not contingent upon offering credit card information.
This assists you prevent that bothersome “oh no, I forgot I registered for that trial”.
We realize that when you decide to buy Marketing Software applications it’s important not only to see how professionals assess it in their evaluations, but also to find out if the genuine individuals and companies that buy it are really satisfied with the item. That’s why we have actually found a behavior-based Customer Satisfaction Algorithm that collects client evaluations, remarks and GetResponse reviews across a vast array of social networks sites. The information is then presented in a simple to absorb form demonstrating how many people had positive and negative experience with GetResponse. With that info at hand you ought to be geared up to make a notified buying decision that you will not regret.
Customer Service & Support
GetResponse has an acclaimed customer service team, winning gold, silver and bronze Stevie Awards in 2013 and 2014. The company offers e-mail assistance in seven languages and is the very first e-mail service provider (ESP) to provide 24/7 live chat, also on weekends.
Consumers can reference the Help Center and Learning Center, which both feature resources to help fix any questions or issues. These knowledge bases include Frequently Asked Questions, video tutorials, webinars, and downloadable documents like manuals, reports and whitepapers.
Pros of Using GetResponse
- Magnificent marketing automation options
- As long as you are happy to use an ‘Email’ plan, GetResponse is more affordable than most of its key competitors (in certain cases, significantly so) while still offering just as much, if not more functionality as them
- The discounts you receive when paying upfront for one or two years of service are very generous – you’ll find it hard to find similar reductions in costs from key competitors
- Its webinar functionality is a USP – something that is not offered by any similar products
- Similarly, the CRM feature is fairly unique amongst competing products (although it does need to be developed considerably before GetResponse can be considered a true replacement for a CRM tool)
- Its reporting and comprehensive split testing features are great
- GetResponse is transparent about deliverability rates, publishing figures on its website and providing deliverability statistics for individual e-newsletters you send.
- It provides a great approach to data segmentation – it is more flexible on this front than many competing products, especially Mailchimp
- It allows you to add subscribers to a mailing list on both a single-opt in and a double opt-in basis
- It sends responsive emails and allows you to preview smartphone versions of your e-newsletters very effortlessly
- It comes with a beneficial landing page creator – but bear in mind that you have to be on a more advanced plan to get the fully functional version of this
- You can try out all its features totally free for 30 days without the need to enter credit card information
- Free 24/7 support is included on all plans
Review Conclusions Getresponse Review
Getresponse represents one of the more cheaper ways to host and communicate with an e-mail database; it is priced rather competitively in its marketplace.
It’s likewise among the most interesting products of its kind – in that it gives e-mail marketing, automation, landing pages, some CRM performance and webinars all under one roofing.
It’s difficult to think of any other product that offers this ‘all round’ proposition, and it is what continues to convince us to utilize it for our businesses email marketing.
All in all I rate GetResponse very high – you get substantial value with this product.