Among the earliest e-mail marketing programs on the marketplace today, GetResponse remains a superior product with a lot to offer. Mailjet Vs Getresponse
In its earlier years, the business operated specifically in the European market; however, over the previous decade, GetResponse has actually made a concentrated effort to expand its reach to the American market.
The software is absolutely worth a look, even for those with no previous experience in the field. It gives a fantastic feature set at a really affordable price, and the full range of features is offered to all subscribers, despite list size. With GetResponse, you get access to extensive A/B testing options, single-click list segmentation, and an enormously practical range of tools and reports. Read the complete review for details. Mailjet Vs Getresponse
What is GetResponse? Mailjet Vs Getresponse
GetResponse is a popular e-mail marketing service that just gets the job done. Servicing businesses in more than 180 nations with over 1 billion customers every month, GetResponse projects itself as the world’s simplest e-mail marketing system. The platform makes it basic and hassle-free to develop professional-looking emails and landing pages with its editor.
Additionally, the email intelligence feature enables you to take full advantage of the effect of your campaigns. You can track, gauge, and analyze your efforts quickly. The tool empowers you to view hourly changes, segment subscribers with a single click, measure site conversions, compare follow-ups, and make intelligent choices quickly. Mailjet Vs Getresponse
What makes GetResponse such a good business software solution? To begin, you don’t require a technology background to use its marketing and email automation tools to enhance your business. The vendor offers a helpful 30-day free trial and flexible pricing bundles with a lot of additional features. You don’t need a credit card to sign up for the totally free trial which allows up to 1,000 contacts.
The GetReponse site hosts a comprehensive Help Center where you can quickly find responses to typical inquiries. The vendor likewise offers 24/7 assistance through live chat and e-mail. The user experience is remarkable and the third-party integrations allow you to easily link the application with your existing business software platforms. We give the thumbs as much as GetResponse and invite you to check out its top rate email marketing functionalities.
GetResponse’s crucial features include:
Marketing Automation – GetResponse’s marketing automation feature lets users construct scalable workflows based upon client journeys. Action-based autoresponders permit the creation of messages that are triggered by pertinent recipient actions – with personalized one-to-one responses. Additionally, GetResponse offers users with advanced segmentation tools that enable them to divide their contacts into subgroups and tailor emails accordingly.
Landing Page Builder – GetResponse has an intuitive drag-and-drop landing page builder that permits users to create one hundred percent responsive landing pages and web forms. Business marketers can develop websites for sales, webinars, thank yous, opt-ins, about-me and downloads in simply a couple of minutes. Additionally, GetResponse lets subscribers test, analyze and optimize their pages to boost conversion rates.
Comprehensive Reporting – GetReponse has robust reporting capabilities. A few basic reports appear directly in the control panel, offering a short summary of project success through raw numbers and pie chart. The E-mail Analytics area offers additional detail, with line and bar graphs for clicks, unsubscribes, opens, complaints and bounces. Furthermore, for every single report, users can view which subscribers within their email list carried out any offered action.
Webinar Integration – The GetResponse webinar platform perfectly integrates with GetResponse email marketing, allowing users to host product statements, demos and training sessions. Features consist of presentation sharing, chat moderation, surveys, desktop sharing, attendee management and VoIP capabilities. Moreover, GetResponse lets users decide whether their webinar will be password protected or open to everybody.
On the whole, GetResponse is pretty uncomplicated to use. It’s certainly simple enough to do all the essentials: import contacts, make campaigns, set autoresponders and check statistics and the user interface is pretty clean and intuitive.
In terms of how it stacks up against its rivals in this regard, I would argue that Campaign Monitor is a bit more easy to use although not as complete, and Mailchimp has a slicker interface although one that makes finding particular functionality a bit difficult sometimes).
One area I feel that could be considerably much better from a user-friendliness point of view is the Getresponse e-newsletter editor.
Whilst its drag & drop technique does in theory offer a very flexible method to produce blocks of material and move them around an e-newsletter, in practice it is a bit cumbersome to use and can result in accidental deletion of material, or placement of it in the wrong part of the e-newsletter.
If you can get your head around it, and practice using it a bit, it does make for a really beneficial tool – it’s just that the execution of it could be rather better which I was able to do rather fast!
GetResponse serves all types of firms with its e-mail marketing software application. Here is a list of popular clients:
- Tiger Woods Structure
- Quick Sprout
- University of Dubai (UD)
- Michael Simpson Jr
- UNESCO Bangkok
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
GetResponse Rates Mailjet Vs Getresponse
GetResponse gives a 30-day free trial for a list of as much as 250 subscribers, no credit card needed. Keep in mind, nevertheless, that for the trial (and just the trial), if you add, delete, and after that re-add a contact, it counts as two contacts. When the trial has ended, there are various rate plans readily available. The rates format is rather complicated, with advanced plans becoming available as your business’s list size grows. Pre-paying for one year’s worth of service will save 18 percent. If you think you will be utilizing GetResponse for the foreseeable future, you can save 30 percent by pre-paying two years.
Prices is as follows: Mailjet Vs Getresponse
The most affordable email plan provides you unlimited e-mail marketing, autoresponders, and a landing page that can accommodate as much as 1,000 visitors monthly.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $15/month
- Up to 2,500 subscribers: $25/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $45/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $65/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $145/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $250/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $450/month
Pro Mailjet Vs Getresponse
Pro eliminates the constraints on landing pages and enables you to make as much of them as you want. You’ll also have access to webinars (as much as 100 guests). A Pro account can accommodate up to three users.
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $49/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $75/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $280/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $490/month
The Max plan ups the number of users to five and the max webinar attendees to 500. You will likewise get a custom-made domain and an account manager.
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $255/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $370/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $580/month
Enterprise provides a whole host of new functions for larger businesses searching for highly customized features. You will need to schedule a demo prior to signing up.
- 100,000+ subscribers: $1,199/month
Image Hosting & Associated Charges
GetResponse offers an impressive 1 Gigabyte of image storage with each account. All users likewise have access to the business’s image library, which contains over 1000 images.
Key Distinctions Between Plans
All the GetResponse plans cover the crucial basics – key features include:
- the capability to import, grow and host an e-mail database
- a large range of design templates
- autoresponder functionality
- responsive email designs
- split testing Mailjet Vs Getresponse
- thorough reporting
- RSS/blog site to-email functionality
- thorough segmentation choices
- social sharing tools
There are various differences in between the ‘Email’, ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans although for me the key ones are:
- CRM –Getresponse offers a consumer relationship manager tool on its ‘Pro’ plans and up.
- Landing pages –you can just get landing pages that allow split testing and unlimited views if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or higher.
- Webinars –this functionality is not readily available at all on the ‘Email’ plan and the number of webinar attendees is topped for the ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans at 100, 500 respectively (it is uncertain what the limit is on the ‘Enterprise’ plan).
- Users –you can only have one user account on the ‘Email’ plan; by contrast you get three on ‘Pro’, five on ‘Max’ and ten on ‘Enterprise’.
- E-commerce –you can only get the full set of GetResponse e-commerce tools (that include integrations with a few popular e-commerce platforms) if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or greater.
GetResponse Free Trial
The 30-day free trial that Getresponse gives is fully functional (as much as 1,000 subscribers) and it’s not contingent upon offering credit card details.
This helps you prevent that bothersome “oh no, I forgot I registered for that trial”.
Mailjet Vs Getresponse
We understand that when you make a decision to purchase Marketing Software applications it is necessary not just to see how specialists evaluate it in their evaluations, but also to learn if the genuine individuals and businesses that buy it are actually satisfied with the product. That is why we’ve found a behavior-based Customer Satisfaction Algorithm that gathers customer reviews, comments and GetResponse examines across a vast array of social networks sites. The data is then provided in a simple to absorb type showing how many individuals had positive and unfavorable experience with GetResponse. With that info at hand you ought to be equipped to make a notified purchasing decision that you won’t be sorry for.
Customer Service & Support
GetResponse has an award-winning customer support group, winning gold, silver and bronze Stevie Awards in 2013 and 2014. The business provides e-mail support in seven languages and is the very first email service provider (ESP) to provide 24/7 live chat, also on weekends.
Clients can reference the Learning Center and Help Center, which both feature resources to help troubleshoot any questions or issues. These knowledge bases consist of FAQs, video tutorials, webinars, and downloadable documents like manuals, reports and whitepapers.
Pros of Using GetResponse
- Excellent marketing automation options
- As long as you are fine to use an ‘Email’ plan, GetResponse is more affordable than many of its key competitors (in certain cases, significantly so) whilst offering just as much, if not more functionality as them
- The discounts you receive when paying upfront for one or two years of service are very generous – you will find it difficult to find similar reductions in costs from key competitors
- Its webinar functionality is a USP – something that isn’t provided by any similar products
- Similarly, the CRM functionality is very unique amongst competing products (although it does need to be developed considerably before GetResponse can be considered a true replacement for a CRM tool)
- Its reporting and comprehensive split testing features are great
- GetResponse is transparent about deliverability rates, publishing figures on its website and providing deliverability statistics for individual e-newsletters you send.
- It gives a great approach to data segmentation – it’s more flexible on this front than many competing products, especially Mailchimp
- It allows you to add subscribers to a mailing list on both a single-opt in and a double opt-in basis
- It sends responsive e-mails and allows you to preview mobile phone versions of your e-newsletters very effortlessly
- It comes with a beneficial landing page creator – but take note that you have to be on a more expensive plan to get the fully functional version of this
- You can try out all its features totally free for 30-days without the need to enter credit card information
- Free 24/7 support is included on all plans
Review Conclusions Mailjet Vs Getresponse
Getresponse represents one of the more affordable ways to host and communicate with an e-mail database; it’s priced quite competitively in its marketplace.
It is also among the most intriguing products of its kind – in that it supplies e-mail marketing, automation, landing pages, some CRM performance and webinars all under one roofing system.
It is tough to think about any contending product that uses this ‘all round’ proposal, and it’s what continues to encourage us to utilize it for our businesses email marketing.
Taking all into consideration I rate GetResponse very high – you get significant value with this product.
Mailjet Vs Getresponse