One of the earliest e-mail marketing programs on the market today, GetResponse is still a top-notch product with lots to offer. Sendlane Vs Getresponse
In its earlier years, the company operated specifically in the European market; however, over the past years, GetResponse has made a focused effort to broaden its reach to the American market.
The software application is definitely worth a look, even for those without any previous experience in the field. It offers a great feature set at a very affordable rate, and the complete array of features is offered to all subscribers, regardless of list size. With GetResponse, you get access to substantial A/B testing options, single-click list segmentation, and a greatly useful range of tools and reports. Read the full review for details. Sendlane Vs Getresponse
What is GetResponse? Sendlane Vs Getresponse
GetResponse is a well-known e-mail marketing service that simply does the job. Servicing businesses in more than 180 countries with over 1 billion subscribers each month, GetResponse projects itself as the world’s easiest e-mail marketing system. The platform makes it easy and hassle-free to produce professional-looking emails and landing pages with its editor.
In addition, the email intelligence feature allows you to maximize the impact of your projects. You can track, gauge, and analyze your efforts easily. The tool empowers you to see per hour fluctuations, segment subscribers with a single click, measure website conversions, compare follow-ups, and make intelligent choices rapidly. Sendlane Vs Getresponse
What makes GetResponse such a great business software solution? To start, you do not require a technological background to utilize its marketing and e-mail automation tools to improve your business. The vendor supplies a helpful 30-day free trial and flexible pricing plans with plenty of extra features. You don’t require a charge card to register for the free trial which enables up to 1,000 contacts.
The GetReponse site hosts a detailed Help Center where you can quickly look at answers to usual questions. The vendor also offers 24/7 support through live chat and email. The user experience is remarkable and the third-party integrations allow you to quickly link the application with your existing company software platforms. We give the thumbs up to GetResponse and invite you to have a look at its leading rate e-mail marketing functionalities.
GetResponse’s crucial functions consist of:
Marketing Automation – GetResponse’s marketing automation feature lets users construct scalable workflows based on client journeys. Action-based autoresponders permit the production of messages that are activated by appropriate recipient actions – with personalized one-to-one responses. In addition, GetResponse supplies users with innovative division tools that allow them to divide their contacts into subgroups and tailor emails accordingly.
Landing Page Builder – GetResponse has an intuitive drag-and-drop landing page builder that allows users to create 100% responsive landing pages and web forms. Business marketers can construct web pages for sales, webinars, thank yous, opt-ins, about-me and downloads in just a couple of minutes. Additionally, GetResponse lets subscribers test, analyze and optimize their pages to increase conversion rates.
Comprehensive Reporting – GetReponse has robust reporting capabilities. A couple of simple reports appear directly in the control panel, offering a quick summary of project success via pie chart and raw numbers. The Emai Analytics section provides further detail, with line and bar chart for clicks, unsubscribes, opens, complaints and bounces. Additionally, for every report, users can see which subscribers within their email list performed any provided action.
Webinar Integration – The GetResponse webinar platform flawlessly integrates with GetResponse e-mail marketing, enabling users to host product statements, demonstrations and training sessions. Features include presentation sharing, chat moderation, polls, desktop sharing, guest management and VoIP capabilities. In addition, GetResponse lets users choose whether their webinar will be password-protected or open to everybody.
On the whole, GetResponse is pretty straightforward to utilize. It’s certainly simple enough to do all the basics: import contacts, develop campaigns, set up autoresponders and check statistics and the interface is quite tidy and intuitive.
In terms of how it compares to its rivals in this regard, I would argue that Campaign Monitor is a bit more easy to use although not as complete, and Mailchimp has actually a slicker user interface although one that makes finding specific functionality a little bit difficult at times).
One part I feel that could be substantially better from a user-friendliness point of view is the Getresponse e-newsletter editor.
Whilst its drag-and-drop approach performs in theory provide an extremely flexible method to create blocks of material and move them around an e-newsletter, in practice it is a bit clunky to utilize and can cause unexpected deletion of content, or placement of it in the wrong part of the e-newsletter.
If you can get your head around it, and practice using it a bit, it does make for an extremely useful tool – it’s just that the implementation of it could be rather better which I was able to do rather fast!
GetResponse serves all types of companies with its email marketing software. Here’s a list of prominent customers:
- Tiger Woods Foundation
- Quick Grow
- University of Dubai (UD)
- Michael Simpson Jr
- UNESCO Bangkok
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
GetResponse Rates Sendlane Vs Getresponse
GetResponse offers a 30-day free trial for a list of as much as 250 subscribers, no credit card needed. Keep in mind, nevertheless, that for the trial (and just the trial), if you add, delete, and after that re-add a contact, it counts as two contacts. When the trial has ended, there are various pricing plans offered. The rates format is somewhat complex, with advanced plans appearing as your business’s list size grows. Pre-paying for one year’s worth of service will save you 18 percent. If you think you’ll be utilizing GetResponse for the foreseeable future, you can save 30 percent by pre-paying two years.
Prices is as follows: Sendlane Vs Getresponse
The standard email plan gives you unlimited email marketing, autoresponders, and a landing page that can accommodate as much as 1,000 visitors each month.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $15/month
- Up to 2,500 subscribers: $25/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $45/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $65/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $145/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $250/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $450/month
Pro Sendlane Vs Getresponse
Pro eliminates the restrictions on landing pages and permits you to make as many of them as you want. You will likewise have access to webinars (as much as 100 guests). A Pro account can accommodate up to three users.
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $49/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $75/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $280/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $490/month
The Max plan ups the quantity of users to 5 and the optimum webinar guests to 500. You will also get a custom-made domain and an account manager.
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $165/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers: $255/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers: $370/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers: $580/month
Enterprise offers an entire host of new functions for larger businesses searching for extremely personalized features. You’ll need to schedule a demonstration before signing up.
- 100,000+ subscribers: $1,199/month
Image Hosting & Associated Charges
GetResponse offers an outstanding 1 GB of image storage with each account. All users also have access to the business’s image library, which contains over 1000 images.
Key Distinctions Between Plans
All the GetResponse plans cover the essential essentials – key features consist of:
- the ability to import, grow and host an e-mail database
- a large range of templates
- autoresponder functionality
- responsive e-mail designs
- split testing Sendlane Vs Getresponse
- extensive reporting
- RSS/blog site to-email functionality
- detailed segmentation choices
- social sharing tools
There are a variety of differences in between the ‘Email’, ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans however for me the notable ones are:
- CRM –Getresponse offers a client relationship supervisor tool on its ‘Pro’ plans and up.
- Landing pages –you can only get landing pages that enable split testing and unrestricted views if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or higher.
- Webinars –this functionality is not available at all on the ‘Email’ plan and the number of webinar participants is capped for the ‘Pro’ and ‘Max’ plans at 100, 500 respectively (it’s uncertain what the limitation is on the ‘Enterprise’ plan).
- Users –you can only have one user account on the ‘Email’ plan; by contrast you get three on ‘Pro’, five on ‘Max’ and ten on ‘Enterprise’.
- E-commerce –you can only avail of the complete set of GetResponse e-commerce tools (that include integrations with a couple of popular e-commerce platforms) if you are on a ‘Pro’ plan or higher.
GetResponse Free Trial
The 30-day completely free trial that Getresponse offers is completely functional (up to 1,000 subscribers) and it’s not contingent upon supplying credit card information.
This helps you prevent that frustrating “oops, I forgot I registered for that trial”.
Sendlane Vs Getresponse
We understand that when you decide to purchase Marketing Software applications it is necessary not only to see how specialists examine it in their evaluations, but likewise to discover if the real individuals and businesses that buy it are in fact pleased with the item. That’s why we’ve found a behavior-based Customer Satisfaction Algorithm that gathers client evaluations, remarks and GetResponse reviews across a wide range of social networks websites. The data is then presented in an easy to absorb kind demonstrating how many individuals had positive and unfavorable experience with GetResponse. With that info at hand you should be equipped to make an informed purchasing decision that you will not regret.
Customer Service & Support
GetResponse has an acclaimed customer care team, winning gold, silver and bronze Stevie Awards in 2013 and 2014. The company provides email support in seven languages and is the very first e-mail service provider (ESP) to provide 24/7 live chat, also on weekends.
Customers can reference the Learning Center and Help Center, which both feature resources to help fix any questions or problems. These knowledge bases consist of Frequently Asked Questions, video tutorials, webinars, and downloadable documents like manuals, reports and whitepapers.
Pros of Using GetResponse
- Magnificent marketing automation options
- So long as you are happy to use an ‘Email’ plan, GetResponse is more affordable than many of its key competitors (in certain cases, significantly so) whilst offering just as much, if not more functionality as them
- The discounts you receive when paying upfront for one or two years of service are very generous – you’ll find it hard to find similar reductions in costs from key competitors
- Its webinar functionality is a USP – something that is not provided by any similar products
- Likewise, the CRM functionality is fairly unique amongst competing products (but it does need to be developed considerably before GetResponse can be considered a true replacement for a CRM tool)
- Its reporting and comprehensive split testing features are strong
- GetResponse is transparent about deliverability rates, publishing figures on its website and providing deliverability statistics for individual e-newsletters you send.
- It provides a great approach to data segmentation – it is more flexible on this front than many competitors, specifically Mailchimp
- It allows you to add subscribers to a mailing list on both a single-opt in and a double opt-in basis
- It sends responsive e-mails and allows you to preview cellphone versions of your e-newsletters very easily
- It comes with a useful landing page creator – but remember that you have to be on a more expensive plan to get the fully functional version of this
- You can try out all its features totally free for 30-days without the need to enter credit card details
- Free 24/7 support is included on all plans
Review Conclusions Sendlane Vs Getresponse
Getresponse represents among the more cost-effective opportunities to host and communicate with an email database; it is priced quite competitively in its marketplace.
It is likewise among the most fascinating products of its kind – because it provides email marketing, automation, landing pages, some CRM performance and webinars all under one roofing.
It’s hard to consider any other product that uses this ‘all round’ proposition, and it is what continues to convince us to use it for our businesses e-mail marketing.
As a whole I rate GetResponse very high – you get substantial value with this product.
Sendlane Vs Getresponse